Datil BBQ Grilled Salmon
2 lb salmon cut into 4-6 fillets
3 Tablespoons Low Sodium Soy Sauce
¼ cup Avocado Oil
¼ cup lemon or lime juice
3 - 4 Tablespoons Datil BBQ Rub
Lemon or Lime wheels for garnish (optional)
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a small bowl (reserving 1-2 Tablespoons Datil BBQ Rub for later).
- Place the salmon fillets in a baking dish.
- Add the marinade to the baking dish and refrigerate for 1 – 2 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium-high (350º-400ºF)
- Clean the grill grates and brush with avocado oil so the salmon doesn’t stick.
- Sprinkle remaining tablespoon(s) of Datil BBQ Rub evenly on fillet side (not skin side).
- Place salmon fillets skin side up on the preheated grill.
- Grill on each side for about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with lemon or lime wheels and serve hot.
Instructions for Cedar Plank Method
- Soak cedar grilling plank in water to cover for 2 hours, keeping it immersed.
- Prepare grill for direct heat over medium-hot charcoal.
- Place marinated salmon skin side down on pre-soaked cedar plank.
- Grill, covered with the lid, for about 13 to 15 minutes until salmon is just cooked through and edges are browned.
- Let rest on plank 5 minutes before serving. (We like to serve on the plank for presentation.)