Jamaican Jerk Jackfruit Recipe - Two Ways
Jerk Jackfruit - One Recipe Two Ways
We are excited to share a collaboration with an amazing woman local to St. Augustine, originally from Chicago who is an up and coming plant based recipe creator, food stylist and photographer. This is one of her recent culinary creations feature our Jamaican Jerk Seasoning Blend.
2 cans of Trader Joe’s young jackfruit
1/2 cup grilled pineapple chopped (grill or roast before chopping just until caramelized)
1/4 cup chopped onion
1-2 finely chopped garlic
1 TBS of tomato paste
2 tsp agave
1 tsp orange zest
2-3 TBS Cultivate Jamaican Jerk Seasoning Blend
- Shred the jackfruit after cutting hard tips off and toss it in the jerk seasoning, orange zest and agave and set aside)
- Add a little bit of veggie broth to sauté onions and garlic
- Add jackfruit and remaining ingredients
- Add salt and pepper to taste and add more broth as needed. Continue cooking for about 15 minutes then add to a lined cookie sheet.
- Bake/ roast at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Add to a wrap with toppings or serve with your grain of choice
Recipe by Zerin of Figs and Mint @figsandmint